Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Introduction to the Share Market
Curious about the Share Market but not sure where to start? Well come along to this 3 hours workshop and ask Patrick all your questions!
The development of online share trading has made it easier than ever to invest in shares on the ASX, but for too many people there is a perception that it is complex or risky, or that you need a lot of cash to get started. This workshop will introduce you to the basic way that online trading works and how to get started. It will cover new trading options designed to reduce risk and costs. It will compare share-trading to property investment and look at the pros and cons of both. The share market is a ‘get rich slowly’ scheme that anyone can access. The sooner you get started whilst applying the best strategies to protect against risk, the more wealth you may accumulate.
When: 9-12pm, Saturday 7th September
Time: 9am - 12pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street, Castlemaine
Fee: $20 per person
- Students will learn about where/how to start with the share market, to understand how to reduce risks and costs. ** This workshop WILL NOT offer recommendations on which shares to buy.
- Students will begin to form an introductory understanding of the Share Market, with which to begin engaging with it.
- Please bring pen and notebook for note taking
This class is recommended to absolute beginners, who'd like to begin to understand the share market.
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.
Castlemaine Community House requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Castlemaine Community House to organise a refund or transfer