Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Introduction to Watercolour Workshop
This workshop will start by covering the traditional techniques such as gradated and variegated washes, wet-into-wet, wet-on-dry, glazes, hard and soft edges, blending, dry-brush, masking ... and much more!
To have an understanding of these techniques will give you a good foundation to go on and express your creative self in watercolour.
In this course you will have the opportunity to explore:
• The fundamentals of watercolour painting
• How to build a clear and translucent painting from start to finish
• Play with mixed media to create dynamic and interesting paintings
• Sessions include many tutor demonstrations, plus discussion.
Date: Mondays, May 13th
Time: 10.00am - 4.00pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Cost: $125 (full) or $115 (Concession or Early Bird Discount. EBD available until April 15th)
Tutor: Eleni Rivers
Eleni is a professional artist and teacher who has taught art classes for over 25 years in colleges, corporations and communities.
She holds a MFA in Arts and Consciousness from JFK University, Berkeley, California as well as several degrees in Fine Arts from colleges in Australia. Now based in Castlemaine, Eleni’s art continues to explore
themes of nature and mythology within the Australian landscape.
- The fundamentals of watercolour painting
- Sessions include many tutor demonstrations, plus discussion.
- willingness to learn
those interested in painting with watercolours
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- A refund is payable, less 50% of the course fee for cancellations made within 1 week of the course start date as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.