Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Lived Experience Narrative
Telling the stories of our lives through writing and art is a part of human experience. Of recent times the use of expressive art to enhance our health and wellbeing has become the focus of communities and individuals across the globe. Having a narrative and taking the time to reshape narratives has proven to be a healing experience for many. Changing perspectives by listening to the perspectives of others has also been shown to be a good thing. Apart from anything it helps generate new ideas.
During these sessions, we will work collaboratively in a safe, supportive environment. We will pursue the idea that everyone has an important story to tell. We will spend time yarning with one another, extend our reach and interview people from diverse walks of life. We will also build up personal dossiers of our lived experiences and explore how to share our stories safely, for the benefit of ourselves and others.
Date: Thursdays, 25th July - 12th September
Time: 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Cost: $200 (Full) or $180 (Conc. or Early Bird Discount. EDB available until 1st July)
Tutor: Heather Blakey
- create a mindful writing practice and explore therapeutic and reflective writing
- reap the benefits of working alongside a friendly and supportive group.
- Pen & Paper
Must have completed previous workshops or course with Heather Blakey
Refunds Policy Cancellations and refunds policy:
- No refund will be issued within 48 hours of the course start date or once the course has commenced.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all booking cancellations requested prior to the course start date.
- Any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the Castlemaine Community House Manager.
Castlemaine Community House requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Castlemaine Community House to organise a refund or transfer