Buy a Gift Voucher
Create & Maintain a Website
desing your own website
Join local computer whiz, Step Forbes, for this 7 week course! Step gears his web design courses for the absolute beginner. You don’t have to know a speck of coding to build a great site. And you don’t have to be a great designer to make something beautiful (but it does help). During this course we’ll cover the essentials, from a bare bones start to running your own eCommerce store. And, for those willing, we will dive gently into some html, css, js, php, ftp, cPanel and server manipulation!
Please Bring: Laptop.
Date: Thursdays, 6th Feb – 26th March (7 weeks)
Time: 9.30am to 12.30pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Cost: $100. (Full) / $85. (Conc. or Early Bird Discount. EBD available until 22nd January)
Tutor: Step Forbes
Step Forbes runs Greengraphics in Castlemaine - a small web and graphic design studio. Step has helped people build, manage and understand websites for the last 20 years, whether running workshops; providing one-on-one training; supervising interns or training staff.
Step began web coding by diving into others’ code with Notepad. These days he lives and breathes Wordpress - the world’s favourite way to make websites. But he still loves simple html sites too (and diving into others’ code).
Step’s interests bridge design and development, coding and aesthetic, but more broadly, he likes bigger questions: Why do you need a website? Who might look at it and interact with it? How can it be made with the viewer in mind? What systems will make it easy for me to use it? How might it grow and be future-ready? Where should it live? How will people find it? Can I make it work the way I want? And what the heck is the ‘cloud’ anyway?
Step is the father of two (very sweet) primary school children.
- How to create and maitain a website
- Guided tutorial from experienced facilitator
- A website created by you!
those wanting to create their own site for work, fun etc.
Cancellations and refunds will apply as follows;
- A full refund will be provided for services cancelled by CCH for any reason.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all cancellations by a client received 8-days prior to the beginning of program or services.
- A full refund, less the number of classes attended, will be provided for any client who leaves before completion of course.
- No refund is payable for cancellations by clients within 7-days of the program or service commencing, as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- While flexibility with the above arrangements can be allowed for compassionate grounds (considering relevant financial and social circumstances), any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the CCH Manager.
- Payments for all programs and education services must be secured prior to the service being provided.
- Payment can be received in cash, cheque, EFTPOS or via on-line payments.
- Secured bookings cannot be provided for any program or education service until a 25% deposit is paid.
- Pricing for all CCH programs and education services insure profitable and sustainable delivery of overall operations.
- Concession pricing will be provided for people with a healthcare card and should be calculated to support those with financial disadvantage, while maintaining the profitable and sustainable delivery of overall CCH operations.