Buy a Gift Voucher
Lacto-Fermentation: Food & Drinks
Basic Principlas of Fermenting
Learn the basic principles of safe, small batch, vegetable fermentation!
This workshop will cover basic sauerkraut making as well as fermenting to harvest the brine.
You will learn how to make Gut Shots, small drinks of probiotic goodness to be drunk neat, as a cordial, or mixed to make cocktails e.g dirty martinis and champagne cocktails.
The class will be a mixture of demonstration and hands on cooking, as well as some tasting.
You will leave the class with recipes, a jar of prepared vegetables with a water air lock and best of all inspiration to experiment and create your own signature food or drink.
A minimum deposit of 25% must be paid before 28th January to secure a place in this course!
Date: Wednesday, 4th March
Time: 7.00pm - 9.00pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Cost: $80. (full) / $70. (Concession or Early Bird Discount. EBD available until 12th February).
Tutor: Vensa Majchrzak.
Of Croatian heritage, with Polish extend family Vesna was able to learn the ancient art of preserving and enriching food from the elders still practicing traditional techniques in Newcastle N.S.W. Early study and working life started for her as a pathology technician in Biochemistry and Microbiology laboratories, giving Vesna the fundamental understanding of the exciting process involved in the creation of fermented food. Art study took her to other parts of the world, along the way discovering new flavours and traditional practices used in making fermented foods.
Vensa started her business Pantry Culture in Taradale Victoria, to promote the craft of small batch home fermenting while continuing to experiment with new techniques and flavours using the vegetables grown in her ever expanding garden.
- Principals of of safe, small batch, vegetable fermentation!
- How to make Gut Shots
- Hands on cooking and demonstrations
- Tips and Tastings
- Recipes and your own jar of prepared vegetables
- Pen & Paper
those interested in fermenting
Cancellations and refunds will apply as follows;
- A full refund will be provided for services cancelled by CCH for any reason.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all cancellations by a client received 8-days prior to the beginning of program or services.
- A full refund, less the number of classes attended, will be provided for any client who leaves before completion of course.
- No refund is payable for cancellations by clients within 7-days of the program or service commencing, as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- While flexibility with the above arrangements can be allowed for compassionate grounds (considering relevant financial and social circumstances), any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the CCH Manager.
- Payments for all programs and education services must be secured prior to the service being provided.
- Payment can be received in cash, cheque, EFTPOS or via on-line payments.
- Secured bookings cannot be provided for any program or education service until a 25% deposit is paid.
- Pricing for all CCH programs and education services insure profitable and sustainable delivery of overall operations.
- Concession pricing will be provided for people with a healthcare card and should be calculated to support those with financial disadvantage, while maintaining the profitable and sustainable delivery of overall CCH operations.