Buy a Gift Voucher
Introduction to Art Therapy
What is Art Therapy?
Using creative techniques such as painting, drawing, sculpture etc., Art Therapy allows people to express themselves artistically and with the help of an Art Therapist, examine the psychological and emotional undercurrents.
This course will help students develop a deeper understanding of Art Therapy, including the foundations, how it is applied, and important considerations when practicing it.
Classes will be taught experienced Art Therapist Marcela and will be presented in a lecture style and with strong practical elements.
A minimum deposit of 25% must be paid before 5th February to secure a place in this course.
Date: Tuesday, 11th February - 17th March (6 weeks)
Time: 12.30pm - 3.00pm
Where: Castlemaine Community House, 30 Templeton Street.
Cost: $230. (full) / $210. (Conc. or Early Bird Discount. EBD available until 25th January)
Tutor: Marcela Olea (AThR) – Art Therapist & Sculptor.
As a trained Experiential & Creative Arts practitioner Marcela believes the creative arts can be an essential component for enriching our lives.
After completing a Master of Arts in Experiential and Creative Arts Practice and a Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts, her artistic practice took shape in 2013, forming her own private practice CreativeCels.
As an art therapist, Marcela offers art making workshops in group or individual settings for a range of participants.She sits alongside participants facilitating an arts based inquiry process seeking meaning and understanding through a variety of creative ways.
- The foundations
- Iimportant considerations when practicing it
- guided tutorial by experienced tutor
- practical demonstartions
- group discusion
- materials provided
Those interested in art therapy
Cancellations and refunds will apply as follows;
- A full refund will be provided for services cancelled by CCH for any reason.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all cancellations by a client received 8-days prior to the beginning of program or services.
- A full refund, less the number of classes attended, will be provided for any client who leaves before completion of course.
- No refund is payable for cancellations by clients within 7-days of the program or service commencing, as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- While flexibility with the above arrangements can be allowed for compassionate grounds (considering relevant financial and social circumstances), any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the CCH Manager.
- Payments for all programs and education services must be secured prior to the service being provided.
- Payment can be received in cash, cheque, EFTPOS or via on-line payments.
- Secured bookings cannot be provided for any program or education service until a 25% deposit is paid.
- Pricing for all CCH programs and education services insure profitable and sustainable delivery of overall operations.
- Concession pricing will be provided for people with a healthcare card and should be calculated to support those with financial disadvantage, while maintaining the profitable and sustainable delivery of overall CCH operations.