Buy a Gift Voucher
Bees Wax Wraps
Better for you, better for the environment!
Easy to use, easy to make, wax wraps help to reduce the amount of plastic in the home. Better for you and better for the environment! Students will make 2-3 wax wraps in the workshop.
Please Bring: 2-3 pieces of your favourite cotton cloth cut to approx 30cm x 30xm
Date: Saturday 14th March.
Time: 10.00am – 12.00pm
Cost: $40 (Full) or $35 (Early Bird Discount. EDB available until 22nd February).
Tutor: Dora Berenyi
Dora lives on a 40 acre property in Central Victoria. She grows her own vegetables, has an extensive orchard and runs about 20 chickens and ducks in this space. Here, she and her husband home educated their two children, now grown up.
About 10 years ago Dora began to consciously cut down on the manufactured items coming out of the household budget. First to be made at home were laundry liquid, soap, moisturisers and other skin care products. Bread, jam and yoghurt, along with bottled fruit and tomatoes had been made at home for some time and were now followed by dry biscuits and fermented foods.
Dora’s latest project is to cut down on plastics. To this end she began making bees wax wraps first as a flat wrap and later as a ‘pocket’ to put fridge vegetables in. All these projects have sprung from a duel desire… to cut down on using products with unknown ingredients and production as well as a better choice for the environment. Personal money saving is another motivation.
- how to make bees wax wraps
- guided tutorial from experienced tutor
- very own bees wax wraps to take home
Those wanting reduce plastic use at home
Cancellations and refunds will apply as follows;
- A full refund will be provided for services cancelled by CCH for any reason.
- A full refund, less a 10% administration fee will be provided for all cancellations by a client received 8-days prior to the beginning of program or services.
- A full refund, less the number of classes attended, will be provided for any client who leaves before completion of course.
- No refund is payable for cancellations by clients within 7-days of the program or service commencing, as it can be difficult to fill the space left and replace the lost earnings.
- While flexibility with the above arrangements can be allowed for compassionate grounds (considering relevant financial and social circumstances), any flexibility outside the above policies must be approved by the CCH Manager.
- Payments for all programs and education services must be secured prior to the service being provided.
- Payment can be received in cash, cheque, EFTPOS or via on-line payments.
- Secured bookings cannot be provided for any program or education service until a 25% deposit is paid.
- Pricing for all CCH programs and education services insure profitable and sustainable delivery of overall operations.
- Concession pricing will be provided for people with a healthcare card and should be calculated to support those with financial disadvantage, while maintaining the profitable and sustainable delivery of overall CCH operations.